Submitted by: Ian Dunlap, Master Investor
Anyone who knows me knows that Apple is one of my all time favorite companies to invest in. Ironically, as a kid I never loved Apple products, even though my grandma Rose had an Apple computer in 1994 when I was in 7th grade.
Here are 7 main reasons that I love Apple as a long term investment and Is one of the safest investments of this decade.
- They created the smartphone market
- They are the Creator of the app store
- Apple made $64 billion in revenue in 2020
- The average American household owns at least two Apple products
- Apple is the first company worth $2 trillion
- They pretty much have a legal monopoly in the App Store- Match.com pays over $500 million per year to be on their platform
- And most working adults use their phones at least 7 hours a day
If any other stock had these stats behind them then the stock would be at $500 or $600 per share. Given the fact that it has had several stock splits it would be in the 3,000-4,000 range if these hadn’t occurred. In the last 20 years Apple is up 469% and the most interesting thing is with Tim Cook at the helm they still some of their best days ahead of them.
Too many people are looking for sensationalism and end up getting burned, this is a company that is safe and will not give you much stress.