Loop Mobility Inc. (Loop) is an auto insurance player that will use AI to provide a fair price to all. We've developed a proprietary and deeply AI-driven methodology that allows us to price drivers based on the roads they drive instead of their demographic data, which is the norm today.
The Underwriting and Customer Service Representative (CSR) Manager is responsible for leading the underwriting and customer service team that directly supports all underwriting, customer support and related compliance functions for the Company.
Typical activities will include:
- Overseeing and/or direct involvement with customer insurance application review, endorsement processing, document preparation and filing, new business bulk submission review, premium collection, account review, policy renewal process, statutory or regulatory filing assistance, quality control review, reporting, and special projects are duties assigned to this position.
- Overseeing customer happiness including any outsourced staff.
- Oversee underwriting/CSR staff development and training.
- Assist with continual improvement and testing of in-house and vendor-sourced systems.
- Research regarding business product and/or geographic expansion opportunities.
- Maintaining relationships with vendors and potential vendors.
- Maintaining market awareness of insurance market competitors, risks, vendors and technologies.
The most highly qualified candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in underwriting preferred.
- Supervisory or team lead experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and explain insurance coverages offered by the company.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise sound judgment based on company policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand applicable state insurance regulations and laws.
- Ability to organize and manage priorities.
- Ability and willingness to travel in and out of state.
- Commitment to company values and customer service.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with general office computer programs is required to perform position duties (Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat & industry specific software)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people skills, with a desire to contribute and work with a highly-innovative team
- A college degree in an insurance related field, other advanced degrees, career insurance designations, and licenses are highly preferred.
This position is for full time, remote work, with the option to work out of our HQ in Austin, TX
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send your resume and a statement of your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and cherish the diversity you will bring to our team.