Loop Mobility Inc. (Loop) is an auto insurance player that will use AI to provide a fair price to all. We've developed a proprietary and deeply AI-driven methodology that allows us to price drivers based on the roads they drive instead of their demographic data, which is the norm today.
About our Internship Program
Loop is committed to talent development and skills training for all of our employees. We established an internship program to extend real-world training to exceptional college students interested in STEM disciplines including entrepreneurship, data analytics, data visualization, and data science.
Over the course of a semester, the Engineering Intern will be tasked with a combination of short and long-term tasks to meet the business needs of Loop. These tasks may include:
- A software engineering intern, may be tasked with the following:
- Assist in the development of a highly scalable client facing API mainly using Python and Flask
- Learn and utilize Google Cloud Platform’s many deployment tools to serve the API to clients
- Develop API documentation mainly around usage
- Assist in the design and deployment of a data lake layer to serve Loop's client facing services
- Develop scripts to stress test the API's scalability and resilience
The most qualified candidates will have an interest in transportation data and research and a background in computer science or software engineering.
We expect interns to contribute 20 hours per week at Loop. This is a remote work position.
This internship may be paid or completed for academic credit.
If the internship is completed for academic credit. You must be eligible to receive and plan to use this internship for academic credit, in order to apply. Because the internship is taken for academic credit, it will be unpaid and the following conditions apply:
- The internship is similar to training which would be given in an educational environment
- The internship experience is for the benefit of the intern
- The intern does not displace regular employees, but works under close supervision of existing staff
- The employer that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern
- The intern is not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship
- The employer and the intern understand that the intern is not entitled to wages for the time spent in the internship
To apply, please send your resume and a statement of your interest to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and cherish the diversity you will bring to our team.