Loop Mobility Inc. (Loop) is an auto insurance player that will use AI to provide a fair price to all. We've developed a proprietary and deeply AI-driven methodology that allows us to price drivers based on the roads they drive instead of their demographic data, which is the norm today.
About our Internship Program
Loop established an internship program to extend real-world training to exceptional college students interested in STEM disciplines including entrepreneurship, data analytics, data visualization, and data science
- Organizing data in Google Cloud Storage
- Merging data geospatially, using ArcPy
- Extracting data and building statistical models using Python
- Conducting feature selection
- Analyzing data to generate summary and descriptive statistics
- Visualizing data in tables and charts
- Participating in calls with project managers
- Documenting results in technical documentation
The most qualified candidates will have 2 years of professional experience using Python. Experience with transportation, demographic, and economic data and geographic analysis (ESRI ArcGIS) highly preferred.
We expect interns to contribute 20 hours per week at Loop. This is a remote work position.
This internship may be paid or completed for academic credit.
If the internship is completed for academic credit. You must be eligible to receive and plan to use this internship for academic credit, in order to apply. Because the internship is taken for academic credit, it will be unpaid and the following conditions apply:
- The internship is similar to training which would be given in an educational environment
- The internship experience is for the benefit of the intern
- The intern does not displace regular employees, but works under close supervision of existing staff
- The employer that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern
- The intern is not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship
- The employer and the intern understand that the intern is not entitled to wages for the time spent in the internship
To apply, please fill the form below. We are an equal opportunity employer and cherish the diversity you will bring to our team.